Re: [squid-users] bypass proxy query

From: simon benedict <sbdcunha@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 22:45:38 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks henrik,

it has worked fine i was having the acl in the wrong
place..

btw I have 2 more local servers which the client
browsers are using host name rather than domain name
ex. http://km_online and these hosts having private IP
.

also they can use http://ip and get the web page up
and running .

Now since I have put the ip in my squid.conf file its
working fine but as all the users are used to typing
http://hostname and that dows not work but the ip in
the browsers works fine.

basically I am using WINS server to do the host to IP
mapping

I also tried to make a hosts file in /etc on the linux
machine but it doesnt work.

Now what i want to know is can I make squid to a host
to IP lookup and how ?? .

the dst domain acl is also working fine but as I have
said before I have 3 servers which are not resolved
using a domain but rather a host name

Thanks and regards

Simon