Re: [squid-users] Reverse proxy SSL on non-standard port

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 07:53:57 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 2 Oct 2004, a b wrote:

> httpd_accel_host webmail.yyy.com:443
> httpd_accel_host webmail.yyy.com:444
> https_port 443 cert=/etc/squid/webmail.pem
> https_port 444 cert=/etc/squid/webmail.pem
>
> When I go to port 444 I'm proxied to port 443. How
> should this be configured?

There can only be a single httpd_accel_host directive in squid.conf.

With the above you can use the myport acl in combination with
cache_peer_access to select which peer (web server) the requests should be
sent to, but to be honest you are bordering on the limits of what the
Squid-2.5 accelerator function can cope with.

What should work for your specific situation is to
   httpd_accel_host webmail.yyy.com
   httpd_accel_port 0
   https_port 443 cert=/etc/squid/webmail.pem
   https_port 444 cert=/etc/squid/webmail.pem

This class of configurations where acceleration need to act differently
depending on which port the request was accepted on has been made a whole
lot easier in the upcoming Squid-3.0 release thanks to MARA Systems AB and
their eMARA reverse proxy product with SSL accelerator functions.