[squid-users] Re: authentication only for AD groups

From: Adam Aube <aaube01@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2004 14:13:55 -0400

Please don't post messages multiple times - it does not get you a faster
response, and will only annoy the list members (who will be less inclined
to help you).

Subramanian Narayanan wrote:

> I have successfully implemented squid authentication based on windows
> AD users and group using ntlm_auth with winbind.

Good.

> And moreover I need to configure the authentication based on certain
> groups in AD.

Use the wbinfo_group external acl helper. The default squid.conf shows how
to use external acls.

> And also is it possible to restrict sites for each and every group.

Yes. Combine the acls for the groups with the acls for the site restrictions
in your http_access rules. See the access controls FAQ for more detail:

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-10.html

Adam