Re: [squid-users] using multiple squids with multiple interface addresses

From: Rolf <rolf@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 17:15:23 +1100

>> It would useful to me to be able to have the destination servers see
>> different requesting ip addresses (not, naturally, the originating
>> clients), but without deploying multiple physical proxy servers.
>> Would it be possible to run multiple instances of squid on the one
>> box and use the cache_peer_access parameter to direct each request
>> from a "master" squid instance to one of the others AND have each
>> instance of the other squid processes bound to a different ip
>> address?
>
> This can be done with a single Squid. See tcp_outgoing_address (2.5 or
> later required).

Oh thank you. very fine indeed.

To refine the question a little, this means that the destination is
only aware of the remapped address, that the illusion is complete?

Presumably for the tcp conversation to work the remapped addresses must
be bound to the proxy's interface, yes?

That's very cool.

thanks a lot.

r.