Re: [squid-users] Client IP & Load Balancer

From: Emilio Casbas <ecasbas@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 17:10:32 +0200

Harding, Devon wrote:

>I'm using httpd_accel and a Foundry ServerIron load balancer. How can I
>get squid to log clients real IPs instead of the IP of the load
>balancer?

mmmh, I`ve in this same situation but in the squid logs I get the real
IPs, only that
the clients connect to IP of the load balancer.

> I read something that it has to do with X-Forwarded-For.

forwarded_for is the acl for this purpose
X-Forwarded-For is the HTTP header used for squid to note
whom a request has been forwarded for.

see forwarded_for acl in squid.conf.default

Emilio C.