[squid-users] OWA 2003 Corrupts attached Word Documents

From: Andrew Jackman <andrewj@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 10:15:30 +1000

Hi There,

I have recently installed Exchange 2003 with Squid 3 PRE3 as the front
end... All appears to be working fine except I have just become aware that
it sometimes corrupts attached MS Word documents. It is not constant. It
does it about 30% of the time...

Anyone got any ideas? I have not been able to find anything on Google etc
about this.

If it helps, here is a snipit from my squid config:

cache_effective_user nobody

access_log /var/log/squid/access.log
cache_log /var/log/squid/cache.log
cache_store_log /var/log/squid/store.log
cache_dir ufs /squid-cache 100 16 256

visible_hostname exchange.kempe.com.au
cache_mgr whoever@exchange.kempe.com.au

https_port x.x.x.x(*ext ip address*):443
cert=/usr/local/squid3/cert/squidserver.pem
key=/usr/local/squid3/cert/squidserver.pem sslflags=
DONT_VERIFY_PEER defaultsite=exchange.kempe.com.au

cache_peer x.x.x.x (*int exch 2k3svr ip*) parent 80 0 no-query proxy-only
originserver login=PASS front-end-https=auto

#debug_options ALL,3

ssl_unclean_shutdown on

acl owa-exchange urlpath_regex \/exchange(\/|$)
acl owa-webid urlpath_regex \/WebID\/

acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
acl all-dst dst 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
acl owa-host dst x.x.x.x/255.255.255.255 (*int exchange 2003 server ip*)

http_access allow all
http_access allow SSL_ports
http_access allow owa-host owa-exchange
http_access allow owa-host owa-webid
http_reply_access allow all-dst
http_access deny all
http_access deny all-dst

Thankyou

Andrew Jackman

======Disclaimer======

"The information transmitted in this Email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. This email may
contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, reproduction, dissemination, r
e-transmission or action taken in reliance on this Email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this Email in error, ple
ase contact the sender and delete this material from your computer.

The organization will not accept any liability for materials transmitted via the Internet that are intentionally or unintentio
nally offensive to the reader.

This Email must not be forwarded to others unless expressly authorised in this Email. Any reply to this Email must only be to
the author, unless reply to others is expressly authorised in this Email."