Re: [squid-users] GET/PUT Question - AGAIN

From: OTR Comm <otrcomm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 14:16:24 -0700

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Oct 2004, OTR Comm wrote:
>
> > I do have "Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive" in my header.
>
> Good.
>
> Do you also get one back from Squid? If not the pushCache patch needs to
> be extended.

I don't get any kind of response back from squid except "HTTP/1.0 200
OK" after the file has been pushed.

That is, when I do a GET from my browser through squid, I do see that
squid replys with:

HTTP/1.0 200 OK
<snip>
Proxy-Connection: keep-alive
<snip>

but, squid doesn't respond similarly when I push the files. I just get
the "HTTP/1.0 200 OK" message.

Does this mean that squid (the pushcache patched version) is ignoring my
"Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive" header?

> > Also, do I need to include an acl for PUT in squid.conf? If so, what is
> > the syntax and how do I apply it?
>
> I have never used the PushCache patch to Squid. What does
> squid.conf.default say about push access controls after you install your
> PushCache patched Squid?

The squid.conf.default that comes with the patch doesn't have any
information about push access controls.

Thanks,
Murrah Boswell