Re: [squid-users] GET/PUT Question - AGAIN

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 09:23:29 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004, OTR Comm wrote:

> Would I have a reply-body if I am pushing? I think I understand this
> with a GET request, but I don't see how it applies to a PUT directive to
> the server.

You always have a reply body with a few exceptions (RFC 2616 4.3 Message
Body). The length MAY be 0 if you do not want to inform the user about the
result.

See RFC2616. It is actually a little unclear on this specific aspects of
PUT but any 2xx response except for 204 should include a message
describing the result to human beings. (also applies to 3xx responses
except for 304).

>> c) The server must acknowledge the request to keep the connection
>> persistent by answering with a (Proxy-)Connection: keep-alive header.
>
> Where and how does the server acknowledge this?

In the response headers.