[squid-users] NTLM auth question

From: Brad Larden <Brad.Larden@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 10:46:33 +1000

Hi Folks,

I have been trying to get NTLM authentication going and had it working where it prompts for username/password, then went further and had it doing autolookups.
This is great but the access.log ends up with 3 entries for every item grabbed which sucks but I understand it's due to the M$ method of auth.

Anyway, I would like to go back to the previous setup I had where squid prompts for username/password but no matter what I do I can't make it do this.
Can anyone please give me a pointer to an accurate how-to ?

I'm using squid 2.5-stable6 and samba-3.0.7

Regards,
Brad.

Network Administrator
Alphawest Services Pty Ltd