[squid-users] icap_access and external_acl does not work

From: Christoph Haas <email@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 09:58:12 +0200

Hoo, hoo...

I'm currently playing around with the squid with the ICAP client
patch applied. It seems to work nicely just that I would like to get
more control of when I use which ICAP server. So I toyed with the
"icap_access" statement to 'route' the traffic according to ACLs.
Unfortunately it looks like icap_access does not work with external ACLs
(external_acl). In my case I'm doing LDAP group lookups through
external_acl.

I remember that external ACLs had other restrictions like
http_reply_access and external_acl don't work in conjunction. Do we have
the same case here? Is this planned? Is this a bug? Is this not
possible? I did not see any warning in the cache.log about this.
That would really help me out (I'm not experienced enough to struggle
with the sources myself yet).

Thanks for your time.

Cheers
 Christoph