Re: [squid-users] How to enable SSL connect on httpd-accelerator mode?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 10:50:35 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004, [gb2312] Ñ wrote:

> I use squid 2.5 stable6 . Work on httpd-accelerator mode.and I use
> --enable-ssl to make the squid.Then I set "https_port 443
> cert=/etc/squid/squid.pem" in squid.conf .Now my Squid can accept https
> request.but when squid server recerve https request ,he connect the real
> web server USE http.

Correct.

> My question is:how to configure squid to just 'tunelling' the https
> request

You can't use a reverse-proxy to tunnel https. For this you need to use
NAT or simple TCP plugs / port forwarder.

What you can do with Squid is to reverse-proxy https. There is then
different SSL connections between the browser<->squid and
squid<->webserver. This functionality is however not available in the
Squid-2.5 distribution, but is available in the SSL update patch from
http://devel.squid-cache.org/ (also available in the upcoming Squid-3.0
release).