Re: [squid-users] 403 HTTP CODE ERROR

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 12:46:40 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 florent.beyssac@cnedi06.cnafmail.fr wrote:

> The 403 HTTP code:
>
> On the other hand, in the RFC2616, the codes HTTP 403 can contain a message
> to indicate information to the user. The SQUID on code 403 does not respect
> the RFC. It posts an SQUID error message (connexion failed) without
> checking that the request contains a message for the user. Can I change
> this behavior?

Most likey you have not told Squid you are inside a firewall. See the FAQ.

If not told it is inside a firewall it will try to go direct, assuming it
was the parent which had been denied access to the web server or that we
are not allowed to use this parent for this request. In both cases it
makes sense for Squid to try to go direct if allowed by the local
configuration to try to resolve the request that way.