[squid-users] problem with SSL logins

From: Clemson, Chris <Chris.Clemson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 13:34:00 +0100

Hello All!
I've just installed a new linux machine (SuSE 9.1) with squid Version
2.5.STABLE5, and i'm having a problem getting to a particular SSL site.

when i use this new machine, https sites seem to work fine, including
https://mail.salesforce.com, yet when you go to
https://mail.salesforce.com/exchange (which should display a prompt for a
login and password), it just fails with a server error 503 page.

when i try it using our old proxy (2.5.STABLE6), this site correctly
displays the login and password dialog.
i'm planning to upgrade the 2.5.STABLE5 server with 2.5.STABLE7 later, but
we used to use 2.5.STABLE5 on our old proxy and no-one reported any problems
with it.
am i right in thinking it's just a configuration problem?

i amended the squid.conf file that came with suse 9.1 slightly so it looks
more like our old proxy config, but nothing should be significantly
different.

Does anyone have any idea why the browser would not display the login and
password dialog and throw up the error?

thanks,

chris

--
The content of this e-mail is confidential, may contain privileged material
and is intended solely for the recipient(s) named above. If you receive this