[squid-users] bootstrap.sh is failing

From: Graeme Bisset <gbisset@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 10:20:03 +0100

Hi,

I'm running the following:

Redhat 8.0
Autoconf - V2.53
Automake - V1.5

If I download the Stable 7 package and try to run the bootstrap.sh
script I get the following:

WARNING: Cannot find autoconf version 2.13
Trying autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.53
WARNING: Using auxiliary files such as `acconfig.h', `config.h.bot'
WARNING: and `config.h.top', to define templates for `config.h.in'
WARNING: is deprecated and discouraged.

WARNING: Using the third argument of `AC_DEFINE' and
WARNING: `AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED' allows to define a template without
WARNING: `acconfig.h':

WARNING: AC_DEFINE([NEED_MAIN], 1,
WARNING: [Define if a function `main' is needed.])

WARNING: More sophisticated templates can also be produced, see the
WARNING: documentation.

configure.in:1437: warning: AC_CHECK_TYPE: assuming `u_short' is not a
type
autoheader: `include/autoconf.h.in' is updated
configure.in: 916: required file `./_AM_File,.in' not found
configure.in: 916: required file `./$2,.in' not found
configure.in: 916: required file `./$3)].in' not found
configure.in:2196: error: do not use LIBOBJS directly, use AC_LIBOBJ
(see sectio
n `AC_LIBOBJ vs. LIBOBJS'
autoconf failed
Autotool bootstrapping failed. You will need to investigate and correct
before you can develop on this source tree

I really need to be able to run bootstrap so that I can build my
configure script after patching the source with the Icap changes.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Should I be able to run it on my system? If not, what is the recommended
system that I should try to run it on?

Thanks,

Graeme