[squid-users] squid not resolving localdomain address

From: Derek M Wickersham <dwNOSPAM@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 10:43:42 -0500

Hi Everyone,

Been using squid happily for a while, but having a little problem.

I have a web server named "ben.localdomain" on my LAN, for which I need all
requests to go through squid (testing purposes).

Squid is failing to resolve the full name "ben.localdomain". I see this in
squid's log file:

172.16.16.1 - - [16/Oct/2004:15:12:27 +0000] "GET http://ben.localdomain/
HTTP/1.1" 503 1461 TCP_MISS:NONE

Squid does, however, resolve the name "ben". But when I add the .localdomain,
it fails.

Of course my hosts file has the entry:

/etc/hosts:
172.16.16.2 ben ben.localdomain

I couldn't find an answer in squid docs, so I'm hoping one of you can help.

Thanks,
Derek

--
...\( )______( )\    derek m wickersham | dwNOSPAM@mtco.com