Re: [squid-users] Multiple http servers behind a single squid

From: Tom Le <tomle@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 12:10:07 -0700

Henrik,

I have 4 internal web servers, which are running different applications
and using different ports, they are not all using port 80.

For example, one of my oracle web servers, app1.internal.com, is running
on port 7777, how can I redirect my http://tomle.com/app1,
which is a public DNS address, to my oracle web server on port 7777? I
need to do this for all 4 web servers, and many more to come.

 From what I read in the document, the way to achieve this is to use a
redirector program, eg. squirm or perl scripts, etc... Right now I am
using a redirector perl script, and it works fine. I can redirect to
which ever web server and port I want, I just add another rules in my
perl script. I don't like to do this way, but I don't know of any
other, or how if there is one.

Am I doing this wrong? Is there a better way? Please advise.

Thanks.