[squid-users] can squid "tell" the browser to "go direct"?

From: Rolf <rolf@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 13:51:00 +1100

hello

is there anything in the protocols or in squid that can enable squid to
receive a request from a browser and if some condition matches, tell
the browser to contact the server directly? ie don't use any proxy for
this request.

Essentially for cases where the conversation with the destination
server is going to contain non-proxyable traffic (eg Windows integrated
security authentication).

The only way I've known how to do this, and appears to be typical, is
that you configure in the browser which sites you contact directly and
which you use a proxy for. or indeed writing javascript in a .pac file
to achieve the same idea.

My instinct tells me this isn't going to be possible, but it would be
very nice if it was.

thanks

rolf.