Re: [squid-users] Many squids one point of authentication

From: Angela Williams <angie@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 16:20:46 +0200

On Monday 18 October 2004 14:24, you wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Oct 2004, Angela Williams wrote:
> > Just what I thought! Ah well the users just get to login three times!
> > Once they get used to it they wont have a problem!
>
> Why does your users have to use all three proxies? What does your setup
> look like?

Sony's super proxy script is what I use. With some local mods to use direct to
certain local ip's

> You can get around this issue by either
>
> a) Making sure the user for the same session only uses one of the proxies.

Been there done that!

> b) Balance on the proxies using a DNS round-robin entry shared by all the
> proxies.

Done that to! I much prefer the use of a pac script. To many users on to many
sites. Also like the idea of the sony hashing as well. I was just trying to
find someway to only have a single point of authemtication! Could be done
with MS AD except every customer that runs AD are on different MS domains.

Cheers
Ang

--
Angela Williams				Enterprise Outsourcing
SCO Unix/Linux & Cisco spoken here!	Bedfordview