Re: [squid-users] Bypassing Squid for local address destination

From: Muthukumar <kmuthu_gct@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 14:19:55 +0530

> I want all requests from (local) my clients to be directly forwarded
> to the destination, in case of local destination, in order to
> minimize SQUID's load. Can anybody tell me how to configure SQUID
> for such purpose ?

To redirect all local requests to their corresponding domain then,

    1. Browser side:
        Configure as Don't use proxy for local Address.

    2. If you are sending ALL requests via squid without configuring browser not use squid for localhosts then, we can do at the
minimum of no_cache ( Not caching those requests) to that particular request. Else, use a redirector to send all in-coming requests
based LOCALHOST directly without using SQUID.

Regards
Muthu.

---
===============  It is a "Virus Free Mail" ===============