RE: [squid-users] How many users single squid can support

From: Elsen Marc <elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 12:57:14 +0200

> I have P4 1.5 GHz with 128 MB allocated to Squid and around
> 2GB disk space
> for cache.
> My question is how many concurrent users can squid support?
> Although memory allocated is 128 MB but it grows to 200MB.

 That depends on their Internet access files : suppose each of them
writes a script to continously load SQUID...

Better is to speak in terms of http reqs/sec a particular box
(CPU,mem,disk , cache) can handle.
Nowadays modern P4 based light servers will probably easily handle
5000 users without problem. I mean in terms of load SQUID can handle.

Whether they will have fast Internet access also depends on your available
Bandwith, for instance.

M.