Re: [squid-users] hostname instead of ip address

From: Richard <snwbrd@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 16:42:59 +1000

Hi,

From memory there is an option in the squid.conf but I belive it may
casue performance issues if the Squid machine has to do a reverse
lookup on every request, the best way is to implement some sort of
authentication or identification is to get a username into the log
file, not sure if that help with what your trying to achive.

Others may be able to help I just dont have a Squid machine in reach
to go check it out right now.