Re: [squid-users] Cacheing CGI pages and the Expires and Last-modified headers

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 09:23:11 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004, James Nachlin wrote:

> You are quite right. Is there a squid configuration setting that will let me
> get around this problem?

Get your client to behave.

There is also a pending patch to add a few more refresh_pattern options
tuning this. See the bug database.

> Even though that header is probably sent in every request, still some content
> is getting sent back without a check to the original server, or so it seems,
> because I commonly see TCP_HIT in the access log.

Most likely your client is sending this header when manually entering an
URL or manually refreshing a page.

Try just browsing around, navigating to the same page again.