[squid-users] squid Scaling

From: Murugavel Thiruvengadam <tmurugavel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 13:16:17 +0530

Hi

We are implementing squid for a Large group.

Minimum you will get 75000 Request per second. We are planning to put
Dual CPU Xeon Processor with 4GB of RAM. multiple Scsi Controller.

In what way we can increase the performance.

Squid will be single threaded application. So It will not make use of
the other processor.

We have following options to choose

 1) Squid with Multiple Instances and Same Cache and Log directory
 2) Squid With Multiple Instances and Different Cache and Log Directory
 3)Squid with multiple Instances and multiple SCSI Controller.

We already implemented the setup with dual processor Xeon but due to
the load the system didn't perform well. We tried with single
instance.

Which option will be the best one for the above scenario?
Regards
Muruga-----le>

--
 "Success comes to the person who does today"