RE: [squid-users] Reverse proxy

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 19:26:28 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004, angeldelpeso wrote:

> Another question, could I configure it so the same server (host) could
> be redirected both using http and https request?

Yes, but Squid-2.5 is slightly confused when it comes to https requests so
if you want http and https to be forwarded differently to the web server
you may run into some problems. If you want http and https to both be
forwarded as http to the web server then things work fine as-is.

The accelerator function has been redone in Squid-3.0 (thanks to eMARA
from MARA Systems) to address this and many other issues.