[squid-users] Bypass the ntlm_auth helper

From: Koen Stoop <koesto@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 20:50:18 +0200

Hi all,

I'm running a test configuration Squid-2.5-STABLE7 on a Linux box, in order
to replace an Squid Proxy Server 2-4 (without authentication) who has been
running now for 5 years without major problems. I've implemented with
success (thx to the info in the FAQs) the ntlm_auth helper who communicates
with our Win2000 domain controller and only handles request from users in a
'AutorizedSquidUsers' group. But now I ran into a problem because an
application we use, tries via a mini-browser to connect to a newspage on a
webserver who requires authorisation. The application itself sends out the
hard-coded authorisation, Squid tries to handle the request but fails
because the user/password pair isn't in the 'AutorizedSquidUsers' group. So
I wonder if there's a way to bypass the auth_helper for certain destination
domains. I've no great expertise in Squid configurations, so any hints to
solve this problem(?) would be very much appreciated.

Koen