[squid-users] Help me I need your help!

From: Abimael R. Sergio <abimael@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 17:11:45 -0200

Why squid is very slow??
I took a look at google and I saw lot of people with this same problem.
I did'nt found the solution for slowliness of the squid.
Do you know what can I do to solve this problem?
I have an transparent proxy here, but it was very fast from 2 weeks ago,
but now
Internet seems slow.
did you understand?
It is no DNS problem, the computer has local DNS, it is very fast !
really, if I stop the squid the Internet becomes very fast.
 httpd_accel_port 80
 httpd_accel_host virtual
 perhaps it can solve the problem.
 httpd_accel_with_proxy on
 httpd_accel_uses_host_header on
 I think it can make squid more fast
well its just settings fro transparent proxing
what do you think?
it just set squid as transparent proxy
I am doing a nat here with iptables.
internal network --> firewall --> internet

--
| Atenciosamente,               |