[squid-users] Cache Clear Issue

From: AJ Lemke <aj.lemke@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 15:29:26 -0500

Hello All,

I have have an interesting issue. I am running a squid server in
acceleration mode. I use the cache clear method to clear individual pages
from the cache and all works well. The problem I have is in URLs that have
2 or more parameters being passed, an example (fictional link)
http://foo.bar.com/test.asp?p1=test&p2=test The urls that are of this type
cache great on the the squid server. The issue that I have is that I cannot
clear them out of the cache using the PURGE Method calling the command as
so: /usr/local/squid/bin/client -p 80 -m PURGE
http://foo.bar.com/test.asp?p1=test&p2=test

My Questions are:
Am I not using the PURGE method correctly?
Is the PURGE method not coded to handle this type of a call?

I am using Squid Cache: Version 2.4.STABLE7

AJ