[squid-users] Question about compressive storage in squid

From: 蒋 志坚 <zj_chiang@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 16:48:15 +0800

Hi:
   I am a user of squid.It run as a proxy in my computer.I find that file
in cache occupies

larger space than the original document.So,I check the format of
cache.Now,I know squid add

some search informations in the cache.But these informations and the
original document were

NOT compressed.So I have Three questions about the compression of cache:

1) Can we compress the CONTENTS of cache or the ORIGINAL DOCUMENT in the
cache.

2) If we can NOT,why? If can,why we did NOT do it in squid.

3) If we can do compress,what's your suggestion?

                THANK YOU VERY MUCH! BEST WISH!

免费下载 MSN Explorer: http://explorer.msn.com/lccn/