Re: [squid-users] Squid RHS DNSBL Redirector available. Not for the squeamish!

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 00:34:35 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004, Support ePaxsys/FRWS wrote:

> Awhile back I asked on the list about a DNSBL Squid redirector that could be
> used to make filtering content more efficient, and your Squid more responsive
> while still using large URL and block lists. There was none.
>
> So we made one from a redirector already available.
> If you have an interest in this, its at:
> http://www.epaxsys.net/squid_block

This is only looking into the host component of the URL, right? If so then
this is much better (and simpler) implemented as an external acl.

If possible it would also be desireable if support for the Squid-3 helper
format was added allowing for multiple concurrent queries to the same
helper making this approach suitable even in high load conditions. But
this requires a non-blocking DNS lookup implementation..