RE: [squid-users] Authing to ADS NT Groups in a file

From: Jason Oakley <Jason.Oakley@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 10:31:00 +1000

Okay. I forgot this:
# Define the group
external_acl_type NT_global_group %LOGIN /usr/local/squid/libexec/wb_group

Now I can start squid.

I am in group "ITDepartment"
which I put in the "allowedntgroups" file

but it still denies me access.

#Recommended minimum configuration:
acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
acl manager proto cache_object
acl localhost src 127.0.0.1/255.255.255.255
acl to_localhost dst 127.0.0.0/8
acl SSL_ports port 443 563
acl Safe_ports port 80 # http
acl Safe_ports port 21 # ftp
acl Safe_ports port 443 563 # https, snews
acl Safe_ports port 70 # gopher
acl Safe_ports port 210 # wais
acl Safe_ports port 1025-65535 # unregistered ports
acl Safe_ports port 280 # http-mgmt
acl Safe_ports port 488 # gss-http
acl Safe_ports port 591 # filemaker
acl Safe_ports port 777 # multiling http
acl CONNECT method CONNECT

# Define the group
external_acl_type NT_global_group %LOGIN /usr/local/squid/libexec/wb_group

# Use the group
acl AllowedNTUsers external NT_global_group "/usr/local/etc/squid/acls/allowedntgroups"
acl AuthorizedUsers proxy_auth REQUIRED

# INSERT YOUR OWN RULE(S) HERE TO ALLOW ACCESS FROM YOUR CLIENTS
http_access allow AllowedNTUsers
http_access allow AuthorizedUsers
http_access deny !AllowedNTUsers
http_access deny !AuthorizedUsers

# And finally deny all other access to this proxy
http_access deny all

cat allowedntgroups
ITDepartment