Re: [squid-users] transparent proxying

From: Russ Uhte <russlists@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 08:47:41 -0500

Giedrius wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there any way to detect transparent squid-proxy running?
> I want to share my internet connection, so that administrator
> couldn't detect this. I decided to use transparent proxying in squid.
> Will this work for me?

Nothing's impossible to detect. It really depends on how much access
your administrator has to your network. Also, some one good at
analyzing packets could probably sniff the web traffic and figure out
pretty quickly what was going on.

Basically, if you're not allowed to do it, you really shouldn't be doing
it!!

-Russ

---