Re: [squid-users] streaming content

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 23:37:23 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004, Hendrik Voigtlaender wrote:

> yes, I am talking about streaming content, but I think I should replace
> "caching" with "multiplexing"...

Problem is that there is no standard on how these streamings over HTTP is
done, so there is no reliable method whereby Squid could do such stream
splitting (multiplexing is a different thing..)

This kind of this is really best done in special purpose streaming proxies
using the primary streaming protocol of the application in question.
Unfortunately there does not exists many such free proxies, I suppose
mainly due to the quite closed nature of most streaming protocols..