[squid-users] RE: i want more memory for squid?

From: Elsen Marc <elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 13:02:42 +0100

> Hello all,
> I have a dell server with 1Gb RAM and its running
> squid2.4STABLE6 on RedhatAS2.1
> I am expecting that squid would be using atleast 300Mb
> of the RAM, but suprisingly cache manager reports that
> its only 52Mb. Is there any way i can increase this
> value?
>
> Pasted bellow is memory info from cahche manager and
> process report using the top command.

 You have a 'lucky vision' ; most people want
the reverse :-) :

  1) Squid's mem usage depends on the size
of the configured cache dir(s). Check the FAQ for more
info.

  2) You could increase 'cache_mem' ; however read the
comments in squid.conf.default about the meaning
and implications of this parameter.

M.