Re: [squid-users] Not able to setup Squid with WCCP 2

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 14:43:45 +0100 (CET)

Yes. See http://devel.squid-cache.org/

> Also let me know what are the advantages on setting up WCCP2 over WCCP1.

Mainly that Cisco maintains the WCCPv2 implementation in their routers
somewhat better.

> Is there any major feature that WCCP2 give so that I can break my head
> in setting up WCCP2.

Not for Squid. For Squid the use of WCCPv1 or WCCPv2 provides exactly the
same functionality.

It is possible that in future some kind soul provides a Squid WCCPv2
implementation which makes better use of new new features provided by
WCCPv2, but the WCCPv2 support available for Squid today does not make use
any of the new features available in WCCPv2 compared to WCCPv1.