[squid-users] request for pages fails the first time

From: Jeff Donovan <donovan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 13:34:10 -0500

greetings
I have been having a bit of a problem with accessing pages quickly.

a request for a web site fails the first time it is pulled. the second
time it comes in right away. This is consistent everywhere on my
network except outside squid and my firewall. outside access is fine.

Im not sure if squid is being slow or is DNS.

I am running squid 2.5 stable 6 with squidguard. as a transparent proxy.

client req pt 80---> en0 {{ squid }} en1 <---> [ firewall ]<----> isp

the squid box is working it's little butt off but i need to find out
why we have to " double pump " to get a web site.
any ideas on where to look?
i have no idea what to look for in the cache manager.

any insight would be helpful

--j
jeff donovan
basd network operations