Re: [squid-users] Banner Ads

From: BusyBoy <busyboy@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 10:08:12 +0500

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 13:06:51 +0500, Muhammad Naeem <futureguy@gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to insert my own JavaScript code do display an ad about the
> company in each and every page served through Squid.
> I want to know is this possible and if yes what would be the best way
> to do this.
>
> Regards
> /Naeem

AA

You cannot do that as far as I think,,as inserting your own ad banner
in each page will require you to understand the topology of every
page visited by your users and hence that looks impossible.

What you can do is that you can replace the already added banners on
some popular website like hotmail.com and yahoo.com(which almost never
change their image filenames) with your own ads of same specification
using url_regex and denyinfo parameters in some sequence,,but some
leagal restrictions may be in effect at your location.

Regards,

--
Nasir Mahmood
Systems + Network Admin.