[squid-users] RE: Not able to setup Squid with WCCP 2

From: Milind Nanal <milindyn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 04:02:44 +0530

List,

I have step forwared & came up with new problem. I have applied wccpV2 patch
& loaded ip_wccp.o module through kernel. Squid.conf is set to run with wccp
2 service ID 97 & default pasword I have set the same password & service id
at Cisco router (ISO 12.X) side but still I am getting authentication
mismatch error on router side. Squid box is sending Here_I_AM message but my
router is not able to discover WCCP2 squid box.

DEBUG ip wccp event opuput on the router

Here_I_am packet from cache x.x.x.x: authentication mismatch

My squid.conf for your referance :-

# TAG: wccp2_password
# Password for WCCP service. Password is mandatory, first eight
# characters are significant.
#Default:
wccp2_password xxx123

# TAG: wccp2_service_id
# WCCP service group number. Numbers from 90 to 97 are user
# configurable. Set the same service group number on router.
# For example, if service group number is 97 and password is
# xxx123, make global and interface router settings:
# "ip wccp 97 password xxx123", "ip wccp 97 redirect out|in"
#
#Default:
wccp2_service_id 97

Please help me to resolve this problem.