RE: [squid-users] https problem with squid 2.5.STABLE6

From: Elsen Marc <elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 08:57:17 +0100

> G'day,
>
> no, nothing in access.log.
> I can see the traffic (using snoop) come in to the proxy and
> a return packet but nothing is logged at all.
>
> As in the subject - Squid-2.5.STABLE6
> OS is Solaris9 on Ultra-60
>
> It is like the request packet comes in, is presented to the
> squid process and the squid process just quenches the request.

 The thing is that if the browser returns it's own error
(can not find server or DNS error) , then it as if the request did
not reach squid.
If squid can not access the site then a squid error message should appear
in the browser.
In the absence of that, it seems that your browser tries to go direct.

M.