RE: [squid-users] optional authenication

From: Brad Larden <Brad.Larden@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 10:46:56 +1100

The other thing you can try is to have those users in a specific block of LAN addresses and create an ACL that allows access for hosts in that block only.

acl SpecialHosts src 172.25.1.13/255.255.255.255
http_access allow SpecialHosts
http_access allow AuthorisedUsers

The above example just allows the single host -172.25.1.13- through the proxy unauthenticated.
You will have to make sure the 'SpecialHosts' http_access statement is above the Authorised users acl.

Hope this helps,
Brad.

Network Administrator
Alphawest Services Pty Ltd