[squid-users] Byte Hit ratio - which data are counted?

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 17:01:46 +0100

Hello,

I have a "farm" of 3 squid caches, eash of them now has ~10% of byte hit
ratio. They all are proxy-only neighbours to each other.

I'd like to ask, how should I count the whole farm efficiency?

- should I count that 10% of all requests are fetched from cache?

- should I count the total ratio higher?

- should I count that the ratio is lower

There are more possibilities how the ratio is counted:
- if squid fetches an object from its neighbour cache, it may and may not
  be counted to the byte hit radio
- if an object is fetched from squid cache by its neighbour, it may and
  may not be counted to the byte hit ratio

Thank you

Posli tento mail 100 svojim znamim - nech vidia aky si idiot
Send this email to 100 your friends - let them see what an idiot you are