[squid-users] Debug TCP_Miss/503

From: Jose Costa <joselpcosta@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 14:28:35 -0300 (ART)

Hi all,

I´m getting TCP_Miss/503 when trying to upload some
files to yahoo mail, hotmail, any webmail appl. I can
access any other sites with no issues.

Files from 1k to 20k have no problem, but more than
this happens quite all times(sometimes -1 in 100 - I
get to send). Even when I´m the only user in a 1MBts
link it happens.

When I remove squid/proxy from my IE(WKS XP-SP2,
Win9x, W2k,etc) proxy settings it
works with any size of files.

I tryed with 2 different machines running squid
2.5STABLE5 rpm and 2.5STABLE7 from source.

Both machines run fedora core 2 (kernel 2.6-8) I´ve
tried disable/enable tcp ecn and did not work.

The squid.conf, for testing purposes had the minimal
changes below:

http_port 3128
http_access allow all
visible_hostname xxxxxxxx

I´ve also tried the below settings:

*Settings*
server_persistent_connections off
client_persistent_connections off
half_closed_clients off

*ACL*
acl Post method POST
always_direct allow Post

acl maily dstdomain .yahoo.com
always_direct maily

*time-out*
connect_timeout 30 minute
persistent_request_timeout 30 minute
pconn_timeout 1800 seconds

It looks some type of tcp timeout, buffer,...

This night I´ll try knoppix with 2.4 kernel as a new
test.

Can someone help me to debug this issue? It´s my third
message about this to squid-users group. :-(

I have access to tcpdump/ethereal and any requested
log/info necessary for the debug.

Thanks in advance.

Jose L Costa

Yahoo! Acesso Grátis - Internet rápida e grátis. Instale o discador agora! http://br.acesso.yahoo.com/