[squid-users] Zero Sized Reply

From: Scott Phalen <scott@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 13:35:47 -0600

I have searched the FAQs but can't find a resolution.

I am using squid2.5STABLE6 on a Dell PowerEdge 650, RedHat AS2.1. All my
clients get to squid via wccp, squid hands off certain subnets to
DansGuardian running on the same box, then the requests are sent to another
squid box before going out to the internet. The first squid box does no
caching, I am using it as a redirector... the 2nd squid box does the
caching.

When trying to download large files my users get the below error. I was
seeing this when DG was sending all it's traffic back to squid on the same
box. That's why I started using a separate box for caching that both DG and
the 1st squid send all requests.

ERROR
While trying to retrieve the URL:
NONE://127.0.0.1:8080http://apache.mirrors.hoobly.com/jakarta/tomcat-5/v5.0.
28/bin/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.28.exe

The following error was encountered:

Zero Sized Reply
Squid did not receive any data for this request.

Here is the request in the access.log:

/usr/local/squid/var/logs/access.log:1100631491.525 240066 172.17.192.91
TCP_MISS/503 1481 GET
http://apache.mirrors.hoobly.com/jakarta/tomcat-5/v5.0.28/bin/jakarta-tomcat
-5.0.28.exe - ANY_PARENT/127.0.0.1 text/html

Nothing is in the cache.log regarding this download.

Any ideas on resolving this would be greatly appreciated!

Scott