RE: [squid-users] Avoid bypassing squid cache

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 09:18:01 -0900

To block free access of the internet, you have to set an blocking ACL or
firewall rule at the gateway.

From what I gather, the previous server was acting as a NATing internet
gateway (and the current one is now), and was likely blocking at least port
80 access from the "inside" network to the internet. How you do this is
dependant on what OS the gateway is running.

Chris