Re: [squid-users] squid is slow

From: Bin Liu <binliu.lqbn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 10:47:19 +0800

Your box must have two CPUs and with SMP enabled in your OS.
Otherwise, you will see no improvement from it.

Squid will check running PID before working, so when you try to start
a squid while another is running, you will see the message like
"Squid already running! Process id 2383". You can open src/main.c,
find checkRunningPid ,comment correlative lines, and then recompile
it.