RE: [squid-users] Slow Squid

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 08:51:28 -0900

From the "free" man page:

free displays the total amount of free and used physical and swap memory in
the system, as well as the shared memory and buffers used by the kernel.

This leads me to believe that your system is using 3,756 MB of RAM, and of
that, your kernel is using 1,129 MB. Redhat's manual gives much the same
picture:
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/admin-primer/s1-memory
-rhlspec.html

I would strongly advise against removing the swap partition. Then again,
I'm not a kernel hacker, and may have a poor understanding of what I'm
reading. *shrug*

Chris