[squid-users] Command Error

From: Michael Hopkins <Michael_Hopkins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 11:05:04 +1000

Hi Guys

I am currently building 2 squid servers for use in our organisation. The f=
irst is a test box that I will keep for testing and the other is a larger s=
ystem for Production based use. I am loading this onto RedHat9 and am havi=
ng issues with it running. After installing Squid on a clean install of RH=
9 it comes up with the message: Squid Command Not Found. I have checked it=
 have all the GCC, and Perl compliers installed from the RH9 disks and does=
 not appear to have an error with compiling that I can see. I have tried r=
unning the Squid command from /usr/local/squid/sbin which is where the file=
 is located but this error persistes.
Once on the test machine I managed to get the Squid command to work, I coul=
d create the cache (squid -z) and was working beutifully. The next day I r=
estarted the box (I turned it off that night) it comes up with the old comm=
and.
Could this be a dependency that squid has to something that I am missing or=
 have not installed?
The test box has internet access and works fine and can resolve dns request=
s but squid will not run (Squid command not found)

Please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kind Regards

Michael Hopkins
Gateway Services
Ph 1800 198 175

This email, including any attachments sent with it, is confidential and for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). This confidentiality is not waived or lost, if you receive it and you are not the intended recipient(s), or if it is transmitted/received in error.

Any unauthorised use, alteration, disclosure, distribution or review of this email is prohibited. It may be subject to a statutory duty of confidentiality if it relates to health service matters.

If you are not the intended recipient(s), or if you have received this email in error, you are asked to immediately notify the sender by telephone or by return email. You should also delete this email and destroy any hard copies produced.