[squid-users] do we need to create the user "squid" by ourselves?

From: Yong Bong Fong <bfyong@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 11:06:30 +0800

Dear all,

   Recently I ran into problem with permission on squid and squidguard.
I am aware that squid change to user squid (or nobody in some case) as
effective user when it runs, my question is do we need to create the
user account "squid" manually or is it automatically created upon
installation. What I mean is do we need to use the command "useradd" to
add the user squid to my system?

I am confused about this because I wanted to check if I have access to
certain files as squid user, so I tried to su into squid user as follows:
*[root@matrix log]# su squid
This account is currently not available*.

as shown above, says the account is not available but when I tried to
create this account, by the command "useradd" the following came out:
*[root@matrix /]# useradd squid
useradd: user squid exists

*So, do we actually need to create that account ourselves or has it been
created dring installation? if it has been created during installation
how do we know the password of the account then?

thanks for helping all..

Regards Fong