[squid-users] startup: rebuild store/delay serving requests?

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 15:50:04 +0100

Hello,

I see that on squid startup, is takes some time while squid rebuilds its
storage and validates entries in it.

What does that mean, what operations is squid doing in that time?
Doesn't that make responses somewhat slower?

I have a "farm" of 3 squid caches, hidden behind L3 switch, so I have one
IP that users connect to. If the squid is slower while rebuilding and
validating its storage, it is possible without any harm to configure squid
to do both actions first, and start serving requests later.

would that have performance effect?

"They say when you play that M$ CD backward you can hear satanic messages."
"That's nothing. If you play it forward it will install Windows."