Re: AW: [squid-users] FATAL: redirect_program /usr/bin/squidguard: (1 3) Permission denied

From: Hendrik Voigtländer <hendrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 21:23:04 +0100

Werner.Rost@zf.com wrote:

> You may check squidguard at the commandline using a little script like this:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> #
> SG_HOME=/usr/local/squidGuard
> SG=/usr/local/bin/squidGuard
> SG_CONF=$SG_HOME/etc/squidguard.conf
> #
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.0/lib
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> echo "http://www.google.de 10.23.20.134/- - GET" | \
> $SG -c $SG_CONF -d

This is a nice script, but it is only useful if the script is not run as
root but as the squid user.
I have managed to crash my squid twice in the middle of the day simply
because I forgot to adjust the permission off the .db-files after
updating the blacklist.
#squidGuard -d
as used by the script will just fire up squidGuard logging everything to
stdout. If this fails there is no use testing it with the script above...

Regards, Hendrik Voigtländer