[squid-users] squid_ldap_group authorisation of 2000 AD Groups

From: Oliver Hookins <oliver@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 13:12:37 +1100

I'm trying to authorise users of the proxy by determining if they are a
member of a certain Active Directory group or not. Yes, I've read the
documentation, FAQ, mailing list archives and man pages but it is still
confusing to me. The version in question is 2.5STABLE3.

On the 2000 domain controller I have standard users in the Users
container. The authorised internet users will also be a member of a
group called Internet. So far I've been using ldapsearch to verify what
sort of information will be coming out of the LDAP but I find it hard to
make this correspond to the parameters I'm putting into squid_ldap_group.

For example, here's an ldapsearch line that will give me the Internet
group back with a list of members:

ldapsearch -x -b cn=Internet,cn=Users,dc=domain,dc=local -D
cn=Administrator,cn=Users,dc=domain,dc=local -W -h 192.168.150.100
Enter LDAP Password:
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <cn=Internet,cn=Users,dc=domain,dc=local> with scope sub
# filter: (objectclass=*)
# requesting: ALL
#

# Internet, Users, domain.local
dn: CN=Internet,CN=Users,DC=domain,DC=local
member: CN=Cameron,CN=Users,DC=domain,DC=local
member: CN=Oliver,CN=Users,DC=domain,DC=local
cn: Internet
groupType: -2147483646
instanceType: 4
distinguishedName: CN=Internet,CN=Users,DC=domain,DC=local
objectCategory: CN=Group,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=domain,DC=local
objectClass: top
objectClass: group
objectGUID:: I6No/vayb0iE8uD6mxvtzg==
objectSid:: AQUAAAAAAAUVAAAAPeMITdvrDFCoN9ZlVAYAAA==
name: Internet
sAMAccountName: Internet
sAMAccountType: 268435456
uSNChanged: 746952
uSNCreated: 742415
whenChanged: 20041128224030.0Z
whenCreated: 20041126041439.0Z

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 2
# numEntries: 1

How do I turn this into a useful line for squid_ldap_group? I've tried
the following with no success:

/usr/lib/squid/squid_ldap_group -b cn=Users,dc=domain,dc=local -f
"(&(name=%g)(member=%u)(objectClass=group))" -D
cn=Administrator,cn=Users,dc=domain,dc=local 192.168.150.100

Oliver Internet
ERR
CN=Oliver,CN=Users,DC=domain,DC=local Internet
ERR

Also the fact that 2000 doesn't allow you to view what is going on with
the LDAP queries makes it even harder. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Oliver

--
Oliver Hookins